hours minutes seconds
A Green Christmas!
Gift of Time
Christmas may be a wonderful time but it’s also one of the most wasteful. Many people feel under pressure to give lots of expensive presents and even more get into debt, which is sad when the most important gift you can ever give someone is completely free. The Gift of Time. More time… to talk, to listen, to just be together with the people that you love.
We’ve designed a unique Transition Stourbridge ‘Gift of Time’ voucher for locals to give their loved ones this Christmas. Time is the most precious gift you can give, whether you are helping them do something, learn a skill or just having a cup of tea with them. Spending time saves spending money and means you are creating happy memories. Our voucher has lots of suggestions for how you may gift your time on the reverse side, and it has one of our well known Stourbridge landmarks on the front. Our Stourbridge Town Clock, built in 1857.
I’m sure most of us have houses full of clutter and we don’t really want more ‘stuff’. Children are overwhelmed by too many toys, they are more creative with less stuff and teaching them about time also teaches them the value of serving others. Looking after others is a deeper expression of love.
HERE ARE SOME STATISTICS WHICH ILLUSTRATE HOW WASTEFUL CHRISTMAS IS;
- £42 million of unwanted Christmas presents are thrown out in landfill each year.
- 7 in 10 people admit to buying more food than they need.
- Waste Collection Company Biffa estimates we create 30% more rubbish at Christmas around 3 million tons… sending more than 100 million bags to landfill.
- 125,000 tons of plastic food wrapping.
- 54 million platefuls of food wasted!
- 74 million minced pies and 17.2 million Brussel sprouts are thrown away each Christmas.
- 10 million Turkeys
- 6 million Christmas trees
- 1 billion Christmas cards sold in UK which is the equivalent of 33 million trees!
- 227,000 miles of Christmas wrapping paper
- 40 million rolls of sticky tape
- 189 million batteries used over Christmas on toys and gadgets
We have 5,000 Gift of Time vouchers we’ll be giving away for free and we’ll also have a downloadable version that you can fill out on your computer and share.
We hope everyone has a very Happy Christmas from all of us at Transition Stourbridge…doing things you love to do and spending time with the people you hold dear.
To find other file version please click here