The next River Stour clean-up event
Date: Sunday 26th January
Time: 10.15 for a 10.30 start
Where: The bottom of Furnace Hill, Halesowen (where Haden Hill and Dudley Road, north of Halesowen)
- Please bring strong bags for litter and cans if you can, and wear thick gloves and good footwear. We can provide some gloves. Furnace Hill is good as there is masses of litter which follows the river. For those who like a challenge the river can be reached down a steep slope and there is a shallow area which can be worked.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to come
- There will be a river Stour exhibition in Halesowen library during the month of February
- FILM: Message in the Waves
Date: Thursday 27th February at 7.30pm
Where: United Reform Church, Halesowen
This film shows the devastating effect that plastic has on the oceans, particularly on wildlife. It is a very beautiful and moving film and it would be great if you could come and bring friends.
- Place: United Reform Church on the Queensway roundabout in the town centre. There is parking at the back though the entrance into the site is not very clear. It is just as you leave the roundabout onto the Hagley Road.
- We are printing off posters for this event. It would be really helpful if Halesowen and Cradley people could put them up in appropriate places. Could you please contact me if you can help with this? Thanks.
- The calendar sold well. We have very few left after printing 150. Thanks to all who made sure they were circulated to help with getting a higher profile for the river. We hope to do this again next year, so again help will be needed publicising this so people can start photographing! Very many thanks to those people who worked hard at this last year.
- Our three groups plan to start serious water testing this year.
Look forward to seeing you on the 26th
All the best, Rosanne